The Wabash City Street Department employs 10 full time employees and additional seasonal workers as needed. Below is a list of responsibilities of the City Street Department:
- Maintaining City streets (not including State highways running through the City) by patching holes, crack sealing, plowing snow, painting lines, etc. This department does not maintain bridges.
- Picking up brush from residences (must be placed on tree lawn by owner of residence). Any brush cleared by commercial businesses is the responsibility of the business to haul away.
- Mowing vacant residential lots within the City.
- Trimming trees/brush in certain areas.
- Creating and maintaining City street signs, according to federal regulations, as needed.
Providing City dump trucks for rent at the following rates:
- $65 – refuse material
- $150 – roofing material
- FREE – brush ONLY
- Residents must fill out a release of liability form in the Clerk Treasurer’s office at City Hall prior to receiving the truck.
- Monday – Friday – one night only – drop off at 3 pm; pick up following morning at 7 am
Weekends – drop off Friday at 3 pm; pick up the following Monday morning at 7 am
- Offering Spring and Fall Clean-Up events.
- Clearing streets of debris during and after major storm events.
- Recycling brush by grinding into mulch, provided free to City residents.
- Offering leaf pick-up in the fall.
- Servicing City Street and Police vehicles.
- Picking up grass clippings in brown recyclable bags ONLY, except between September 15 and December 1 of each year; department will NOT pick up loose clippings. Residents found in violation of this may be subject to daily fines. Recyclable bags can be purchased at Wal- Mart, Big R, Tractor Supply, True Value and the Wabash County Solid Waste Management District offices located at 1101 Manchester Avenue.
Scott Richardson, Street Superintendent
1360 Manchester Avenue
Wabash, IN 46992
Phone: (260) 563-3611
Fax: (260) 563-5293